Tips on how to use Plurk with your IM
1) All the commands
- hello – I’ll introduce myself
- help – I’ll tell you about commands you can issue
- prefs – I’ll show your preferences
- off – Makes me silent
- on – I’ll speak again
- off plurks – I won’t send you notifications about new plurk
- on plurks – I will send you notifications about new plurk
- off responses – I won’t send you notifications about new responses
- on responses – I will send you notifications about new responses
- follow [username] – to follow someone with your IM
- unfollow [username] – to unfollow him/her
- mute #[unique number] – to mute a plurk. See below for details on unique number
- unmute #[unique number] – to unmute it
2) Post response via IM
To post a response to a specific plurk, just send #[unique number] [response text]. Unique number is a plurk’s unique identifier sent along with every IM notification.
For example: #45333 This is a response
3) Can I mute/unmute plurks with your IM?
Yes you can. Just type /mute #[unique number] to mute a plurk and /unmute #[unique number] to unmute it.
4) Can I only follow certain friends on IM?
Yes you can. There are two ways:
- Using your IM. Just type /follow [username] to follow someone or /unfollow [username] to un-follow him/her. Make sure to use plurker’s username, not his/her nickname
- Go to My Friends and you should see an IM column beside each of your friend’s name. You can decide who to follow on IM by toggling the on/off button.